Fall is the perfect time to organize anything—including your garden. Move your garden to the Top of your list this Fall. It’s the absolute best time to plant and you won’t have to fight the heat.
- First take a look at of your window and decide what you would like to see. Remember that gardens are viewed for inside the house as well as outside. Add color or evergreen structure that you love.
- Shop! Yes, it’s time to shop your favorite nursery. Everything is on sale right now. Go ahead and splurge—more hydrangea is a good idea.
- Plant from now until probably Thanksgiving in most areas. I have been known to plant in December.
- Mulch, mulch and more mulch. Protect those new plants from the cold. I try to add about 2″ of mulch. Mulch might even be the best thing to combat Boxwood Blight according to the RHC.
- Sit back and watch it grow. By planting now you will get an extra year of growth. Your plants will be more mature and handle the heat better next year.
All photos for lissyparker.com. You are welcome to ‘borrow’ my photos—just please credit and link the source.