Fall is the perfect time to organize anything—including your garden. Move your garden to the Top of your list this Fall. It’s the absolute best time to plant.
- First take a look at of your window and decide what you would like to see. Remember that gardens are viewed for inside the house as well as outside. Add color or evergreen structure that you love.
- Shop! Yes, it’s time to shop your favorite nursery. Everything is on sale right now. Go ahead and splurge.
- Plant from now until probably Thanksgiving in most areas. I have been known to plant in December.
- Mulch, mulch and more mulch. Protect those new plants from the cold. I try to add about 2″ of mulch.
- Sit back and watch it grow. By planting now you will get an extra year of growth. Your plants will be more mature and handle the heat better next year.
Take a look at my garden that was planted last Fall…it looks two-three years old!