Prettiness does help to improve your mood—and we all need a little mood help right now. How about using this time to shuffle your house around. Feeling a sense of calm and order at home can really help you enjoy the day and appreciate our surroundings. Here are a few things that have really helped me in the last few weeks. Enjoy it!
1. Bring the outside inside. We may not have access to flowers right now so go outside and bring something in…even if it is just an interesting twig.
2. Garden. If you are lucky enough to have a garden, get out and trim things, plant seeds, cut the grass, or plant a container in your window or on your patio.
3. What brings you happiness or makes you smile? Books would be my answer. Design and garden books—you have the time now.
4. Cook and organize the kitchen. We all need to do that anyway. lol.
5. Take the time to set the table…make it special for your family. No hurry right now.
All photos by Lissy Parker for lissyparker.com. You are welcome to ‘borrow’ my photos—just please credit and link the source.