Who needs a little table setting inspiration—ME. Sometimes I run out of ideas, or maybe I just run out of steam. I am trying to do a better job of the whole table setting thing … even if it is just for two. I could have one to seven at my table at any given time. We have family, friends and the occasional house guest dropping by frequently—we do live in a resort town, lol. Here are a few tricks that I have learned to help me set a beautiful table … and a few tables to inspire you.
- Always keep table clothes and place mats ready for use. I use large hangers for BB&B—keep it simple.
- Keep an assortment of candles on hand—every size and color. By them when they are on sale at the end of the season.
- Collect pretty glasses in colors to add interest—garage sales and thrift stores are good places to look.
- Mix and match silver ware, plates and even glasses…not everyone has a whole set of these.
- KISS … keep it simple silly! Best idea of them all—set the table for a week or two and clean as needed.
- Sit down and enjoy the beautiful table and food—even if it is only take-out.
All photos by Lissy Parker for lissyparker.com. You arer welcome to ‘borrow’ my photos—just please credit and link the source.