Good morning happy readers! We all have found a few ways to adjust to our new workspaces and routines during these pandemic days. I’ve had to give up my wonderful office to another family member—just for a time. My new home office alternates between the kitchen and the master bedroom. Maybe your spouse or children have taken over your office for Zoom meetings and or home school for a time. I’ve been busy working on some easy practices to make our spaces work for us and make our lives a little more pleasant while we are making our home spaces do double and triple duty. Here are a few things I’ve tried, and maybe they will inspire you. And I would love to hear your ideas in the comments!
- Keep it all tidy and fresh. It brings order and calmness to your life—and we all need a little “calm” these days.
- Make and keep a new routine: Make the bed, do a load of laundry, and pick up the clutter every morning. Wipe your kitchen counters and start the dishwasher every night. Simple routines will make your home lovely and improve your happiness.
- Pretty helps with your mood: Bring Fresh plants and flowers into the house.
- Gardening is your friend: Get out in your garden and make plans for a new feature or just pull weeds.
- Home projects: You have time to finish all of those little projects you have wanted to do…if you can find a contractor, lol.
- Make time for yourself: Have a Spa day, read a book, cook, or just take a bubble bath with candles and a glass of wine—you deserve it.
- Enjoy your house and family!
All photos by Lissy Parker for lissyparker.com. You are welcome to ‘borrow’ my photos—just please credit and link the source.