Who needs a little table setting inspiration—ME. Sometimes I run out of ideas, or maybe I just run out of steam. I am trying to do a better job of the whole table setting thing … even if it is just for two. I could have one to seven at my table at any given time. We have family, friends and the occasional house guest dropping by—thinking positive for the future and we do live in a resort town, lol. One added bonus is that keeping your table set will keep all of those laptops and phone chargers off your table…might just be the best reason of all. Here are a few tricks that I have to help and inspire you.
- Always keep table clothes and place mats ready for use. I use large hangers for BB&B—keep it simple.
- Keep an assortment of candles on hand—every size and color. Buy them when they are on sale at the end of the season.
- Collect pretty glasses in colors to add interest—garage sales and thrift stores are good places to look.
- Mix and match silverware, plates and even glasses…not everyone has a whole set of these.
- KISS…keep it simple silly! Best idea of them all—set the table for a week or two and clean as needed.
- Sit down and enjoy!
All photos for lissyparker.com. You are welcome to ‘borrow’ my photos—just please credit and link the source.